by Suzanne Vicoryosmanson
Penguins do 3 requirements total including the two starred.
Otters do 4 requirements total including the two starred.
Dolphins do 5 requirements total including the two starred.
Butterflies do 6 requirements total including the two starred.
Eagles do 7 requirements total including the two starred.
Owls do 9 requirements total including the two starred.
_____ 1* Learn what Kindness Rocks Project is and how it got started. Paint and either hide or give away at least one rock.
_____ 2.* Learn the dos and don'ts of hiding painted rocks.
- Make sure your rock is nice and clean before painting.
- Only paint happy things, and art that will brighten someone's day!
- Make sure you seal your rock so your paint doesn't wash away. Acrylic paint is the easiest and cheapest optionaAnd while it is non-toxic it isn't very good for the environment.
- Trespass when hiding your rocks.
- Put your rock in a lawn, or large body of grass. It can get ran over by a lawn mower causing sparks and fires.
- Don't leave your rock in National parks, or any park or place that has leave no trace rules, and other regulations regarding the protection of nature and its natural beauty.
- Don't leave your rock at businesses or other private property without permission.
_____ 3. Research whether there is a rock group in your community. Join them if you like or if there is no group in your area, create one.
_____ 4. Give thought to what kind of rocks work the best for painting. Discuss the characteristics of a good painting rock.
_____ 5. Go on a rock hunt for rocks to paint. Of you are unable to locate good ones, consider floral stones from the craft store.
_____ 6. Paint and place at least 10 rocks.
_____ 7. Go on rock hunt for painted rocks hidden by others.
_____ 8. Host a rock painting party with your troop, family, or friends.
_____ 9. Mark a map with places around the world that participate in rock hiding.
_____ 10. Earn the kindness badge.
_____ 11. Research the best kind of paint to use on your rocks. You want your design to hold up in inclement weather.
_____12. Brainstorm at least 20 short inspirational sayings or quotes you can paint on a rock to brighten someone's day.
The websites below are not a part of Frontier Girls LLC. Please visit them at your own risk.
Kindness Rock Project.