You can find the Pumpkin Badge here.
Color pictures of pumpkins or draw your own pumpkins until everyone arrives. (10 mins)
Present the colors, Pledge and Promise. (5 mins)
- Learn a pumpkin song, such as the one below. (optional requirement 8)
- Play a pumpkin game, such as the one below.
- Make paper pumpkins! We have included step-by-step instructions below. (optional requirement 7) (20 mins)
- Make Pumpkin Lapbooks. As they are being made, have a leader or volunteer read out various pumpkins facts, such as where pumpkins grow, the life cycle of a pumpkins, types of pumpkins, the health benefits of eating pumpkins, etc. Include some of these facts in your lapbook. (20-30 mins) (Penguin - Owl requirement 1, Otter-Dolphin requirement 2, optional requirement 10 - 13).
- Eat baked pumpkin seeds. Have various toppings girls can choose from such as cinnamon and sugar, salt and pepper, or other various spices and herbs.
- Pumpkin popcorn
- Pumpkin snowballs
(10 mins) (Penguin requirement 2)
Decorate baby pumpkins! Get creative and have lots of different supplies the girls can use to make the cutest and craziest pumpkins they can think of. (20 mins or until end of meeting)
OPTIONAL: Take a trip to the pumpkin patch! (optional requirement 4)
I'm a Little Pumpkin
(sung to the tune of I'm a Little Teapot)
I'm a little pumpkin
Orange and round.
Here is my stem,
I grew in the ground.
When I get all cut up,
Don't you shout!
Just open me up,
And scoop me out!
Pass the Pumpkin
This game is like